Repubblica Federale di St.Charlie - Official Forum

Una proposta, A proposal

« Older   Newer »
William Danforth
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 15:48

Gentili Signore e signori del Governo San Charliano,

Come tutti probabilmente sanno, io sono Frederic Bayer, governatore del governo eleytheriano in esilio. Ho avuto qualche tempo per riflettere sul futuro del Eleytheria, e ho avuto l'idea di aderire alla Repubblica Federale di San Charlie. Come avrete sicuramente notato, il mio italiano non è molto bene, e per circa 70% di essa io uso un dizionario :D Tuttavia, sono sicuro che ci sia un modo per ovviare a questo, e per quanto so che molti di voi parlano inglese. Quindi, ho intenzione di continuare il prossimo parte in inglese, perché io sono sicuro che quello che sto voler dire sarà tradotto male in qualche modo.

The idea I had involves me becoming a citizen of St.Charlie. I'm not sure what kind of problems that will cause, as I am not exactly the most popular micronational figure, but hear me out first. Applying for citizenship is necessary because it is kind of stupid to have a sovereign nation with 2 citizens, so in other words, a Permanent Territory wouldn't be the thing for me. I want to be active in an actual, real micronation. At the moment, the Territory would have about 2 citizens, 2 prospective citizens, and about 72 residents. The territory of the Territory (no pun intended) would comprise of my building block, i.e. 13028 m². I can upload a layered Photoshop image somewhere if you want to.

St.Charlie-wise, I hope that some day it ascends to the status of a Federation, but until then, I could work for the Ministry of Justice or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Those would be my two preferred postings, but if you need someone to do something else, and I can do that thing, then I'd gladly accept that too. But I'm jumping ahead of things.

What do you think of it all anyway?

Heinrich Schneider
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 19:16

Dear Mr. Danforth, I am very happy indeed about your proposal, and I'm sure there will be nothing preventing you and your territory from entering our nation. Might I just remind you of two things: firstly, you're going to have to renounce your Eleytherian citizenship (and your Pristinian one :P) if you are to become a St.Charlian citizen, as that is our current stance on dual citizenships. Furthermore, can I suggest you and Caroline Charlotte (our german federation) merge into one? They have people but little territory, you have territory but little people... It would be beneficial to both.

Sempron
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 19:26

CITAZIONE (Heinrich Schneider @ 29/9/2010, 20:16)
[...]Furthermore, can I suggest you and Caroline Charlotte (our german federation) merge into one? They have people but little territory, you have territory but little people... It would be beneficial to both.

:sisi: this choice will make everything easier

William Danforth
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 20:50

QUOTE (Heinrich Schneider @ 29/9/2010, 20:16)
Dear Mr. Danforth, I am very happy indeed about your proposal, and I'm sure there will be nothing preventing you and your territory from entering our nation. Might I just remind you of two things: firstly, you're going to have to renounce your Eleytherian citizenship (and your Pristinian one :P) if you are to become a St.Charlian citizen, as that is our current stance on dual citizenships.

As for Pristinia, that does not exist anymore, hence I don't have a citizenship. As for my Eleytherian one, Eleytheria is currently the Eleytherian Government-in-Exile, hence there are no Eleytherian citizenships. However, I would like to retain my Slinky citizenship, and Sgr Reinhardt informed me that that would be possible.

QUOTE (Heinrich Schneider @ 29/9/2010, 20:16)
Furthermore, can I suggest you and Caroline Charlotte (our german federation) merge into one? They have people but little territory, you have territory but little people... It would be beneficial to both.

QUOTE (Sempron @ 29/9/2010, 20:26)
:sisi: this choice will make everything easier

I'm not so sure. For electoral and internal management purposes, I would at least like to try acting as an independent territory first. Especially because there are altogether 5 people other than me which I have thought of in the meantime could join as semi-inactive citizens. I know that inactive citizens aren't optimal, but they're better than no additional citizens at all ;)

Heinrich Schneider
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 21:08

Sgr Reinhardt informed me that that would be possible.

Yes, but only if you become a commonwealth citizen, not a st.charlian citizen.

As for merging with Caroline Charlotte, it can be postponed, I have no problems with you giving independent federation a try.

Alexander Reinhardt
view post Posted on 30/9/2010, 15:22

As far as I know, the Slinky citizenship is honorary. Other than, that, as I told you already on Skype.. welcome back :P

Heinrich Schneider
view post Posted on 30/9/2010, 17:45

QUOTE (Alexander Reinhardt @ 30/9/2010, 16:22)
As far as I know, the Slinky citizenship is honorary.

Hmmm, so we would allow a dual citizenship in this case?

William Danforth
view post Posted on 30/9/2010, 18:42

Off-topic for a moment, this is probably an epic fail, but I'll put it to you anyways:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP3WdCf_hbQ

It's a good way for me to improve my Italian, and besides once I'm actually a citizen it may add to the St.Charlian media :)

7 replies since 29/9/2010, 15:48   248 views