Repubblica Federale di St.Charlie - Official Forum

Eleytheria in Radio St.Charlie 1

« Older   Newer »
Patryk Adam Bronisz
view post Posted on 26/10/2010, 18:50

Today when I upload SCBN site I noticed that Sebastian von Linden use Radio 1 for not-St.Charlian-things (sorry, I don't know how I can say this :P ).
First was when Sebastian use Radio 1 for present Eleytheria's song for 'Microvision';(Click)
Second was when Sebastian want to start his election campaign for OAM;(Click) (you can also notice that he use Eleytheria flag)

My questions:
Is it normal (and legal)?
Did I have to add those broadcasts on SCBN site?
Does anyone control Radio?

I don't have nothing against Sebastian, because we need more journalists, but you can use your own Radio for present things like this ;)
PS I know that Eleytheria is member of commonwealth, but I don't think that it's alibi :P

Edited by Patryk Adam Bronisz - 26/10/2010, 20:39

Alexander Reinhardt
view post Posted on 26/10/2010, 19:58

The radio is not owned by the State, and as such it can be considered to be a "private corporation", very much like the St.Charlian Observer or the St.Charlie Broadcasting Network, although the last one is semi-pruvate (the State still uses it for messages after all).

Therefore what Sebastiano is doing can be actually done, as its "less serious" programs, for instance the one on the Microvision, could be considered as shows. :P

Eventually, what I advice you to do is to get your own channel as well for the Parquet, in case you're planning to record shows more frequently. So in this way you don't have to send me the files either. :sisi:

Heinrich Schneider
view post Posted on 27/10/2010, 17:27

While I agree with Mr. Reinhardt, I would like to point out that while neither the Observer, the Broadcasting System or the Radio are state mouth-pieces they are state-owned ;)

Sebastiano von Linden
view post Posted on 28/10/2010, 23:44

Indeed, seeing as Radio St.Charlie 1 is a subsidiary of the SCBN, it is also state-owned. However, I would like to note that in many nations, state-owned or at least "public" (i.e. not privately owned) broadcasters, like the ARD in Germany, often disagree with the opinion of the majority party and broadcast content focussing on only a certain region from time to time. Considering Radio St.Charlie 1 has only one employee, and considering that I don't have the money to travel to, say, District, the content is obviously going to be focussing on Eleytheria.

3 replies since 26/10/2010, 18:50   150 views