Repubblica Federale di St.Charlie - Official Forum

St.Charlie Commonwealth Reform, Discussion between Puchowski, Sörgel and von Linden

« Older   Newer »
Grandum Lamatum et Sandus
icon13  view post Posted on 26/11/2010, 05:04

This after noon, James, Frederic and I had a conversation about the proposed reforms to the Commonwealth. The summary of the discussion is such:

1. We discussed that there be two classes of membership, Independent and Autonomous States. Within the sector of Autonomous States, there shall be the current memberships: Territory, a temporary membership given to members of the Commonwealth before becoming Federations, and Permanent Territory, a membership given to members who wish to be autonomous of St.Charlie yet being part of the Federal Republic. The Independent State-membership shall include those states who, such as Landashir, shall remain independent of the Federal Republic and shall be within the Commonwealth to share interests with the Federal Republic or due to the similarity of political, economic or ethnic culture.

2. The government of the Commonwealth will be Tri-Cameral, with the President of the Federal Republic as its head. The two lower houses are completely independent of each other (representing the two spheres of membership being independent of each other). The higher house is the General Assembly of the Commonwealth and is a united house of both memberships.

3. I hope that James, Frederic and all others will help us designate the powers of all houses or any other issues of business concerning this reform.

Sebastiano von Linden
view post Posted on 26/11/2010, 17:17

I still disagree. I think there should be the St.Charlian Commonwealth and, separately, the Commonwealth of Micronations.

Magnus De Armis
view post Posted on 26/11/2010, 18:18

Could I have a little explanation of this please ;-) ?

LangovJamesII
view post Posted on 27/11/2010, 11:14

QUOTE (Grandum Lamatum et Sandus @ 26/11/2010, 05:04) 
Permanent Territory, a membership given to members who wish to be autonomous of St.Charlie yet being part of the Federal Republic.

As far as I am aware, Commonwealth PTS are not "part" of the Fed. Rep. They are Territories or perhaps "realms" of a greater commonwealth guarded by the Fed. Rep.

Alexander Reinhardt
view post Posted on 27/11/2010, 12:02

CITAZIONE (LangovJamesII @ 27/11/2010, 11:14) 
CITAZIONE (Grandum Lamatum et Sandus @ 26/11/2010, 05:04) 
Permanent Territory, a membership given to members who wish to be autonomous of St.Charlie yet being part of the Federal Republic.

As far as I am aware, Commonwealth PTS are not "part" of the Fed. Rep. They are Territories or perhaps "realms" of a greater commonwealth guarded by the Fed. Rep.

Not really, a Permanent Territory is administered almost totally by its leader, or Governor. They do have some limitations, yes, but they're nothing compared to the ones of the Territories. For instance, they have to "follow" the foreign policy of all other Commonwealth members, which however means that you can get into relations with whoever you want, unless it can be a threat to the stability of the Commonwealth. Judging by the situation we have now, I would find this very unlikely to happen.

Also, the St.Charlian Supreme Court can find one of your laws unconstitutional and abolish it, although no Minister of Justice would actually get their hands into someone else's affairs, unless it's the death penalty, I assume. It's just created in order not to have totalitarian dictatorships in the organisation. :ahsisi:

Heinrich Schneider
view post Posted on 27/11/2010, 17:53

I think I'm missing something from the explanation provided by Will - but it might just be because I'm tired as hell. If I can catch any of your guys on Skype it would be great if you could explain this again ;)

Oh and btw, this can all be addressed in the Charter we are going to write, so there is no need for a separate "Reform".

5 replies since 26/11/2010, 05:04   59 views